Home of the Spartans
Patience - Kindness - Humility - Respect - Selflessness - Forgiveness - Honesty - Commitment
Thank you, voters!
We are very pleased with the election results and thankful our community supports building infrastructure to serve our growing student population. We look forward to executing on all of these great capital facility projects, all designed to support our students and our community.
What's next? > > >
Class Registration for 2016-17 School Year
Class registration for next school year is fast approaching! The 2016-17 High School Course Catalog and student planning worksheets are now available online. Students in grades 9, 10 and 11 will receive a copy in advisory on March 1. Information about credit requirements, both for graduation and for postsecondary education, is included in the course catalog. Students and parents should take time to study the catalog and related materials in preparation for registration.
Class registration for the 2016-17 school year will be conducted during Spring Student-Led Conferences. Please schedule a conference online beginning February 16.
2016-17 Course Catalog (online version)
2016-17 Course Catalog (PDF version)
2016-17 School Year Student Registration Information and Parent/Student Conference Scheduling
The time for students to register for classes for next school year is here!
The Course Catalog for the 2016-2017 school year and student planning worksheets are now available and posted online on the district website. Students in grades 9, 10 and 11 will receive a copy in advisory on March 1st. Information about credit requirements, both for graduation and for postsecondary education, is included in the catalog. Students and parents should take time to study the catalog and related materials in preparation for registration.
This year registration for the 2016-2017 school year will again be included in spring Student Led Conferences. Scheduling for conferences will take place online, using a system called Pickatime. More information about using the Pickatime system and pre-selecting date and time for student conferences was sent home in a parent letter on February 11th.
Registration Timeline and Links:
- March 2 - Students receive Course Catalogs in advisory
- February 16-March 13 - Pickatime system open for scheduling of Student Led Conferences
- March 2 - Students receive registration forms in advisory (bring to conference)
- March 22 - Student Led Conferences (bring registration form to conference)
Incoming 9th Grade Registration
SHS Counselors will be going to local middle schools in March and April to provide registration information to future Spartans. For more information contact the Sumner high Guidance office at (253) 891-5515.
To schedule your Spring Student-Led Conference, please click here beginning February 16. Registration timeline is as follows:
- February 16 - Online scheduling of Student-Led Conferences begin
- March 2 - Students receive Course Catalogs and registration information in advisory (bring to Student-Led Conference)
- March 13 - Online scheduling of Student-Led Conferences end
- March 22 - Student Led Conferences (bring registration form to conference)
Incoming 9th Graders: SHS Counselors will be visiting middle schools in March and April to provide registration information to future Spartans. For more information contact the SHS Guidance Office at (253) 891-5515.
Benefit Night 2016
- February 25-26 - Talent Show, 7:00 p.m. in the PAC
- March 2 - Dinner in SHS Commons
What is Benefit Night?
Every year, Sumner High School hosts a benefit night to raise money and community support for a local beneficiary. The Beneficiary is chosen by a committee based on criteria. The Benefit night is a 2 night, talent show event where students, staff, and community members perform. A dinner auction is also held to raise money for the beneficiary. All proceeds go to the beneficiary.
This is Sumner High's 10th annual year putting on this event. Last years beneficiary was Bob Jones, who is an athletic director for Auburn high school and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Through our events, we were able to raise over $30,000 to help pay for medical bills and to support his family.
Attendance Waivers for the 2016-17 School Year
Waiver Applications for the 2016-17 school year need to be submitted January 1 - April 15, 2016, for optimal consideration. Resident students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school must complete the In-District Waiver Application beginning March 1. Out-of-District Waiver Applications are required each year for continued attendance. In-District Waiver Applications are not required each year for continued attendance unless transitioning to another school. (Example: Elementary to Middle School, or Middle School to High School). Visit the District Website for more information.
- January 1 – February 29: Existing Out-of-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- March 1 - April 15: New Out-of-District Waiver Applications and In-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- April 16 – May 31: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered for acceptance based on school capacity.
- June 1 - September 20: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered after September 20 based on school capacity.
Seniors: Graduation Ordering Reminder
2016 has arrived and graduation will be here before we know it. If you did not get the chance to place your order for cap and gown units, graduation products, class rings or class tags, no need to worry, you still have time to order and celebrate the moments that matter. Please order online or call the Jostens Consumer center at (800) 567-8367 and they can take you order over the phone.
Many local scholarships are available to Sumner High School seniors through the Sumner-Bonney Lake Education Foundation. The Foundation is a collaboration between local businesses, education, and community leaders and its purpose is to raise funds to support student scholarships, enrichment and outreach programs. The Education Foundation serves to recognize graduating seniors for their merit, community activities, academics, athletics, financial needs, and/or educational goals.
Read more for more information > > >
2015-2016 Online clearances are ready to roll for the upcoming year. The online process provides a convenient way for families to clear athletes online. Clearances will run through our partner company called, FamilyID. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides our families with a user-friendly way to register and clear athletes for our sports programs. When registered through FamilyID, the system will track all clearance information for each athlete.
Items that must be completed are as follows:
- Provide a copy of current physical (physical must be current for duration of season); Physicals may be downloaded on the site; Emailed to Jeff Baines and/or Jamie Voiles; Faxed to SHS at (253) 891-5585 or brought to the SHS Main Office
- Complete and fill in all required forms in each of the sections online
- Purchase 15-16 ASB Card ($40)
- Pay athletic participation fee ($80)
- Payments can be made at SHS or through Family Access and "Touch Base"
- Payment is not associated with FamilyID
- Clear all fines
Coaches will be notified of all cleared athletes prior to the first practice. Athletes MUST be cleared through the SHS Athletic Department prior to participation in any practice or competition.
As a service to our families, we have set up the following dates and times to serve the Spartan Families with "in person" assistance in the clearance process:
- February 22: Before/After School & Lunch
- February 23: Before/After School & Lunch
- February 24: Before/After School & Lunch
- February 25: Before/After School & Lunch
- February 26: Before/After School & Lunch
* On the first day of practice for each
News and Announcements:
Student Activity Information:
Sumner High School Events Calendar