12202 209th Ave. Ct. E.
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Fax (253) 891-4822
Thank you, voters!
We are very pleased with the election results and thankful our community supports building infrastructure to serve our growing student population. We look forward to executing on all of these great capital facility projects, all designed to support our students and our community.
What's next? > > >
Kindergarten registration begins on Monday, February 1st for Sumner School District. All children enrolling for kindergarten for the coming school year must be five years old by August 31, prior to the start of school. When registering a child for school, families should bring:
- Proof of child’s birth date (birth or hospital certificate, passport);
- Immunization information and child’s health history; and
- Names and phone numbers of parents, physician, and an emergency contact when the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Proof of residency (choose one of the following):
- Gas, water, or electric bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with a sponsor or landlord
Families may visit their neighborhood school for a registration packet after February 1, 2016, or download a packet from the Sumner School District Website. Completed registration forms should be returned to your neighborhood school.
(Principal Update sent February 5, 2016, via school messages)
Just a reminder, all waivers for the 2016-17 school year are due to the office by February 29. Please follow the link to download the forms or to review the process and timelines.
Read more Thunder Eagle News > > >
Attendance Waivers for the 2016-17 School Year
Waiver Applications for the 2016-17 school year need to be submitted January 1 - April 15, 2016, for optimal consideration. Resident students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school must complete the In-District Waiver Application beginning March 1. Out-of-District Waiver Applications are required each year for continued attendance. In-District Waiver Applications are not required each year for continued attendance unless transitioning to another school. (Example: Elementary to Middle School, or Middle School to High School). Visit the District Website for more information.
- January 1 – February 29: Existing Out-of-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- March 1 - April 15: New Out-of-District Waiver Applications and In-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- April 16 – May 31: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered for acceptance based on school capacity.
- June 1 - September 20: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered after September 20 based on school capacity.
Free Supper Program
The Sumner School District Child Nutrition Department is providing a free supper program at two elementary schools in the Sumner School District. Daffodil Valley Elementary in Sumner and Liberty Ridge Elementary in Bonney Lake will offer a FREE supper program through the remainder of the school year. All children ages 1 – 18 years of age are invited to eat supper at either school free of charge. Supper is served in the cafeteria of the schools at the following times:
Daffodil Valley Elementary
1509 Valley Avenue in Sumner
Monday – Thursday, 5:45-6:45 p.m.
Friday, 5:15-6:15 p.m.
Liberty Ridge Elementary
12202 209th Ave. Ct. E., in Bonney Lake
Monday – Thursday, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Friday, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Click here to view the FREE Supper Program Menu
To view these files,
you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that
now comes with many Web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat
Reader, you can download it for free from
the Adobe Web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.