13802 Canyon View Blvd. E.
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Fax (253) 891-4522
Capital Projects Bond
At the forefront of our work is planning for the growth that our school district is experiencing. In addition, we need to increase instructional space, accommodate full-day kindergarten, provide classrooms to lower elementary class sizes, expand curriculum offerings, enhance student safety and security, and improve the overall quality of student life. The Capital Projects Bond on the February 9 ballot will address these needs.
Ballots have been mailed. Please remember to vote by February 9.
Please watch this video for more information on this important measure:
Capital Projects Bond Brochure
Kindergarten registration begins on Monday, February 1st for Sumner School District. All children enrolling for kindergarten for the coming school year must be five years old by August 31, prior to the start of school. When registering a child for school, families should bring:
- Proof of child’s birth date (birth or hospital certificate, passport);
- Immunization information and child’s health history; and
- Names and phone numbers of parents, physician, and an emergency contact when the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Proof of residency (choose one of the following):
- Gas, water, or electric bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with a sponsor or landlord
Families may visit their neighborhood school for a registration packet after February 1, 2016, or download a packet from the Sumner School District Website. Completed registration forms should be returned to your neighborhood school.
(Principal Update sent February 2, 2016, via school messages)
If you drop your children off at school in the morning, thank you for driving slowly and carefully. All children should be dropped off in the drop off area, past the bike racks. Please do not drop children off prior to this area as we want to ensure students are always safe. Using the crossing areas is always appreciated.
Read more Explorer News > > >
Capital Projects Bond: February 9, 2016
At the November 18 school board meeting, the Sumner School District Board of Directors voted unanimously to approve a bond election in February 2016. The proposition to be set before voters would authorize the district to build, expand, and improve school facilities through $145.6 million in bonds.
The need to provide additional classrooms for full time kindergarten and lower class sizes per State mandate has most elementary schools at capacity currently. In addition, Sumner School District is one of the fastest growing districts in Pierce County with multiple master planned communities actively building now or in the planning stages. Student enrollment is expected to increase by almost 2,000 students over the next 10 years.
Read more > > >
Attendance Waivers for the 2016-17 School Year
Waiver Applications for the 2016-17 school year need to be submitted January 1 - April 15, 2016, for optimal consideration. Resident students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school must complete the In-District Waiver Application beginning March 1. Out-of-District Waiver Applications are required each year for continued attendance. In-District Waiver Applications are not required each year for continued attendance unless transitioning to another school. (Example: Elementary to Middle School, or Middle School to High School). Visit the District Website for more information.
- January 1 – February 29: Existing Out-of-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- March 1 - April 15: New Out-of-District Waiver Applications and In-District Waiver Applications need to be submitted during this period for optimal consideration.
- April 16 – May 31: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered for acceptance based on school capacity.
- June 1 - September 20: Waiver Applications received during this period will be considered after September 20 based on school capacity.
Information about the preschool center at Donald Eismann Elementary and vaccines required for attendance can be found on the District Website. Contact Preschool Program Director, Pam Stoner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the District Office at (253) 891-6000.
To view these files,
you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that
now comes with many Web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat
Reader, you can download it for free from
the Adobe Web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.