1509 Valley Avenue
Sumner, WA 98390
Fax (253) 891-4622
(Principal Update sent October 19, 2014, via school messages)
Dear Dolphin Families:
New Pick-Up/Drop-Off Procedures Effective October 20
For the sake of student safety, the following changes have been made to our pick-up and drop-off procedures.
- Bus loading and unloading will now occur in front of main entrance to school (former parent pick-up/drop-off). YES! In front of the school!
Read more Dolphin News > > >
September 2014: Important Information Every DVE Family Should Know
Before School Expectations:
- School doors will open at 8:55 a.m.
- Students enter classrooms through the outside classroom doors. For safety reasons, students should not enter the school hallways.
- Students should go straight to breakfast or to line up outside classroom doors when they arrive on campus.
- There is no adult supervision on the playground before school therefore; students should not be in the playground area.
For additional information regarding meal times, dismissal plans, and more click here.
Informacion Importante que Cada Familia Debe Saber
KNOW HIV/STD Prevention Curriculum Review Night
Families of middle school and high school students may preview HIV/STD prevention curriculum for students in grades 6-12, and health and human development materials for students in grades 4 and 5.
The District has adopted the state model, KNOW HIV/STD Prevention, a comprehensive education curriculum widely used by Washington state school districts to fulfill the state's requirement for providing AIDS education to their students.
Prevention Curriculum Review Night
November 13, 2014
Sumner High School, Library Resource Center
All grade-level curriculum will be available for preview, including videos. This is an opportunity for parents and guardians to understand the health content at each grade level, preview teaching materials and ask questions about the resources used in the classroom.
Parents wishing to exclude their child from the HIV/STD curriculum required by our state must preview this curriculum and sign an exclusion form. For more information, contact Cindy Taylor in Instructional Services.
To view these files,
you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that
now comes with many Web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat
Reader, you can download it for free from
the Adobe Web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.