3914 W. Tapps Drive E.
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Fax (253) 891-4572
(Principal Update sent September 26, 2014, via school messages)
Hello Crestwood Families:
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedures
Morning Drop Off
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays children may be dropped off no earlier that 8:45 a.m. On Wednesdays drop off time is 10:20 a.m.
- Teachers do not open their classroom doors until 8:55 a.m. (Wednesdays 10:30 a.m.) If students eat breakfast in the morning, they may enter through the gym doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Please use your turn signals in our parking lot. We have staff members helping direct traffic, and we want to keep them safe!
- School dismissal is 3:45 p.m. Students are released only after the bell rings at 3:45 p.m.
- If you still choose to park and walk up to get your child, you must park in the designated parking areas.
- Please DO NOT park in the entrance or exit rows, where cars are moving through our pick up line.
- Please be sure to make a verbal and visual contact with one of our staff members before you take your child. A staff member will then retrieve your child from the line for you.
- If there is a change in your child's afternoon transportation plans, please make an effort to let the office staff know no later than 2:30 p.m.
Read more Orca News > > >
Effective July 1, 2014: Sumner School District Compliance with Smart Snacks Standards
The Smart Snacks standards published by the USDA last summer ensure that all foods and beverages available for sale to students in school, including snacks, are tasty and nutritious. The standards incorporate science-based nutrition guidelines and set limits on the amount of calories, sodium, fat and sugar included in items sold to students during the school day. The Smart Snacks standards do not limit what food parents can send to school with their child. The standards only affect foods and beverages sold in schools during the school day. The program will impact what student groups, PTAs, PTOs, and booster clubs can sell for fundraisers during the school day as only foods and beverages that meet the Smart Snack standards can be sold. The standards do not apply to items sold during non-school hours, weekends or off-campus fundraising events, such a frozen pizza sales or concessions during sporting events. The Smart Snacks Product Calculator tool will help determine if food and beverage products sold to students meet the Smart Snacks Rule. The calculator has been determined by the USDA to be accurate in assessing products. For more information about the Smart Snacks standards, visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/healthierschoolday/tools-schools-smart-snacks.
To view these files,
you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader that
now comes with many web browsers. If you do not have Acrobat
Reader, you can download it for free from
the Adobe web site. Go
to the Acrobat download page.